PolyFem contains Black Cohosh, traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve dysmenorrhoea and menstrual spasms and Licorice to help relieve inflammation.
- as an emmenagogue to promote menstrual flow in females
- to relieve dysmenorrhoea and menstrual spasms in females
Adults: Take 1 tablet 1-4 times daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
Each tablet contains:
|Form of Ingredient
|Amount per Tablet
|Root dry 852 mg
|Min. root dry 847 mg
|Glycyrrhizinic acid 12.1 mg
|Root dry 300 mg
|Leaf dry 250 mg
Calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, colloidal anhydrous silica, Hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycollate
- Caution in those with liver problems: In very rare cases, Black Cohosh may cause harm to the liver in some individuals. If the patient is experiencing yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, and/or loss of appetite, the patient should stop using this product and see their doctor.
- Due to Licorice: caution is advised in those with elevated liver enzymes taking immunosuppressives; contraindicated in hypertension and oedema; and in those taking thiazide or loop diuretics.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation
- Caution is advised in patients taking statin drugs
- Discontinue 7 days prior to general anaesthesia
- If patient symptoms persist, seek additional professional advice
Join our Wellness Circle Membership to enjoy 10% off plus FREE SHIPPING on all your orders.