Ascorbic Acid 100g
Ascorbic Acid is a natural water-soluble vitamin (Vitamin C). Ascorbic acid is a potent reducing and antioxidant agent that fights bacterial infections, detoxifies reactions, and forms collagen in fibrous tissue, teeth, bones, connective tissue, skin, and capillaries. It is found in citrus and other fruits and also in many vegetables. Vitamin C is not produced by the body and cannot be stored, so it must be obtained through diet or dietary supplementation.
Benefits & Features:
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is an essential co-factor involved in synthesising collagen and maintaining healthy bones, cartilage and teeth.
- Antioxidant properties protect cells from reactive oxygen species and may contribute to reduced risk of free radical damage.
- May support healthy immune function.
- May support healthy adrenal function and response to physiological stressors.
- Assists in the synthesis of neuro-hormones, particularly cortisol, norepinephrine and epinephrine
Add ¼ teaspoon (1g) to a drink, shake or 50ml of water up to 3 times daily. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose. Take with food and avoid ingesting on an empty stomach.
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 1 g
- Ascorbic Acid has not been extensively tested for its effects during pregnancy.
- Avoid during pregnancy or lactation unless confident that its impact can be reasonably deemed to be safe or beneficial.
- Excessive supplementation may result in diarrhoea and gastrointestinal distress.
- Haemochromatosis patients should not exceed 200mg of vitamin C daily.
- Always read the label
- Dietary supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, consult your healthcare professional