Omron Ear Thermometer TH839S
- The Omron Ear thermometer provides quick 1 second readings, with professional accuracy Gentle temperature measurement for both adults & infants/young children.
- 9 Sets memory
- 1 Second Quick Measurement
- Fever Alarm with Beeper
- (for body temperature 37.5°C (99.5°F))
- Selectable °C/°F mode
- Ergonomic Design for easy handling
Please read the complete Instructions for Use provided with the product before using.
- Allow the thermometer to rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature (10°C - 40°C)
- Test your temperature when you are well, so you have a comparison when you are unwell
- Do not bathe; use a cold compress or exercise 30 minutes before the reading.
- Remain in a stable environment for at least 5 minutes
- Make sure your ear canal is clean. Do not use when the ear canal is wet
- Do not test the ear that you have been lying on
- Make sure you always use a clean probe cover with each use. Do not use without a probe cover.
- When taking the measurement, gently pull your ear back to straighten the ear canal and snugly position the probe into the ear canal.
- When measuring an infant's temperature, note that infant body temperature is generally higher than adult body temperature and easily affected by external factors. For example, body temperature tends to increase after nursing or crying. Therefore, it is recommended to take measurements when the infant is calm.
- Keep still during the measurement.
- Take three measurements in the same ear. If they are different, select the highest temperature.
- The reading will be stored automatically in the memory
- Holding the thermometer too long may cause a higher ambient temperature reading of the probe.
- This could make the body temperature measurement lower than usual
- Forehead and ear thermometer readings can be different due to one being an external reading and the other an internal reading
- Do not store the thermometer in a cold room
Would you mind reading all Safety Warnings provided with the product before using it?
WARNING - KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus
- If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 (Australia) or 0800 764 766 (New Zealand) for fast, expert advice
- Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if compartment is not secure
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous
- Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe
- A high or prolonged fever requires medical attention, especially for young children. Please contact your doctor
- Conducting self-diagnosis based on the measurement results and/or treatment can be dangerous. Please follow the instructions of your doctor. Self-diagnosis may worsen the symptoms
- Do not forcibly insert the probe in the ear
- If you feel discomfort such as a pain during the measurement, stop using the unit immediately. It may injure the external auditory canal
- Do not use this unit if suffering from ear diseases such as otitis externa or otitis media. It may worsen the condition.
- Do not use this unit when the external auditory canal is wet such as after swimming or taking a bath. It may injure the external auditory canal
- Do not use this unit without attaching a new, clean probe cover
- Do not use this unit other than for measuring the temperature in the human ear
- Keep out of reach of children. Contains small parts that may cause a choking hazard if swallowed
- Do not allow children to take their temperatures unattended. Children may injure themselves when attempting to take temperatures without supervision
- Do not use a mobile phone or other devices that emit electromagnetic fields, near the unit. This may result in incorrect operation of the unit
- Follow the battery instructions carefully