MooGoo Skincare Bakuchiol (1% w/v) Natural Retinol Substitute Active Serum 25ml
For boosting collagen and skin rejuvenation
Retinol (Vitamin A)Retinoids work by prompting surface skin cells to turn over and die rapidly, making new cell growth underneath. They hinder the breakdown of collagen and thicken the deeper layer of skin where wrinkles get their start. They are also helpful with pigmentation issues and blemish-prone skin.
Retinoids are known to cause severe irritation in some people. Redness, stinging and flaky skin are a few of the signs that your skin doesn't react well to Retinol. Retinol also makes your skin more sensitive to sun exposure which is counter-productive in Australia. Retinol also comes with a warning to pregnant women and those who are breastfeeding. Even those who don't have sensitive skin can react to it at first. It's also not a natural ingredient, which is a bit concerning
Moogoo aims to make their products as gentle, especially the sensitive types. For a few years now, Moogoo looked at the research looking for natural ingredients that can pack the same anti-ageing punch as Retinol without the adverse effects. Bakuchiol is new but has some great supporting studies. Pronouncedbah-Koo-chee-all, this plant-based alternative derived from the Babchi Herb. It comes with some impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which is why it probably has started to earn the moniker of "plant-based Retinol".
- Bakuchiol is a natural alternative for Retinol as Retinol can irritate the skin
- This double-blind study found the same efficacy as Retinol without irritation
- Studies found it particularly effective on photodamaged skin.
- A plant-based and derived from the Babchi Herb.
- Stimulates collagen production and diminishes signs of fine lines and wrinkles
- Serum base is moisturising Jojoba Oil, Natural Vitamin E and Shea Butter
- This silky-smooth serum is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Free of Phenoxyethanol, Parabens and anything else we don’t want on our own skin.
Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic Capric Triglycerides (Silky Natural Ester), Bakuchiol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant-Based Emulsifying Wax), Phospholipids, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycolipids, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Pullulan, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Piroctone Olamine (Olamine Salt), Fragrance - Oatmeal (Phthalate-Free), Citric Acid (to balance pH).
Please be aware that ingredients may vary from time to time. Please refer to the ingredient list on the product packaging for the most up-to-date and relevant list of ingredients.