THIS IS A PRACTITIONER-ONLY PRODUCT. Upon ordering this product, you will receive an email or phone call from one of our experienced practitioners for a free mini-consultation.
Zinc-C Powder contains vitamins and minerals to reduce mild upper respiratory tract infections, including colds and flus.
- Reduces symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections, including colds and flus
- Relief of mild upper respiratory infections and cold symptoms, including sneezing, nasal congestion, coughs.
- Supports healthy immune function
- Supports wound healing, or support healthy tissue repair
Adults: Take 5 grams of powder (1 level scoop) mixed in 200 mL of water or juice, 1 to 2 times daily, preferably with food.
|Each 5 g dose contains:|
|Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)||1.0 g|
|Lysine hydrochloride||1.25 g|
|- equiv. lysine||1.0 g|
|Quercetin dihydrate||100 mg|
|Zinc citrate dihydrate||77.9 mg|
|- equiv. zinc||25 mg|
|Manganese amino acid chelate||50 mg|
|- equiv. manganese||5 mg|
|Pyridoxal 5-phosphate monohydrate||39.2 mg|
|- equiv. pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)||25 mg|
|- equiv. selenium||75 microgram|
Beetroot, citric acid, colloidal anhydrous silica, glycine, maltodextrin, acacia, pea starch, water, sodium alginate, thaumatin, berry flavour, stevia rebaudiana.
No Added: Gluten, soya bean, milk, lactose, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacea, egg, sesame seeds or artificial colours
- The product should be stopped if the patient experiences tingling, burning or numbness. [Contains vitamin B6]
- It contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. Therefore, a daily dose of 150 mcg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
- Large doses of vitamin C may cause gastrointestinal complaints such as nausea or diarrhoea in sensitive individuals (due to the osmotic effects of unabsorbed ascorbic acid)
- Caution with kidney stones - long-term supplementation with vitamin C may increase the risk of kidney stones in men
- Vitamin C increases iron absorption - caution in patients with haemochromatosis.
- Lysine can increase calcium absorption: caution in hypercalcaemia
- Lysine can reduce gall bladder motility: caution in cases of sluggish gall bladder function
- Manganese toxicity can cause neurological symptoms
- Caution in patients with increased absorption or decreased excretion: children, chronic liver disease, iron-deficient patients
- If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics, or bisphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs), separate doses by at least two hours
- Contains sugars (418 mg naturally present per 5 g dose) and trace amounts of sulphur dioxide and phenylalanine
- Vitamin and/or mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice
- Discontinue 7 days prior to general anaesthesia
- If patient symptoms persist, seek additional professional advice.