Herbs of Gold Folic Acid Complex is a one-a-day supplement that supports a healthy pregnancy and foetal development.
- Preconception care
- Iodine for brain development
- Activated vitamin B12
- Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500 micrograms of folic acid, which, if taken at least one month before conception and during the first trimester of pregnancy, helps prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly.
- Folate is important for cell growth and replication and supports healthy foetal brain development.
- The Folic Acid Complex contains 275 micrograms of iodine to support healthy growth and development.
- Folic acid and vitamins B6 & B12 assist healthy red blood cell production and support blood and cardiovascular health.
- Folic Acid Complex contains mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin), the active form of vitamin B12. Other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin, have to be converted to co-methylcobalamin for use in the body.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 support cognitive function and brain health.
Each tablet contains:
|Folic acid||500 micrograms|
|Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin)||500 micrograms|
|equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg|
|Potassium iodide equiv. iodine||275 micrograms|
|Does not contain egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nuts, animal products, gluten, lactose or artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.|
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily, with food, or as directed by your health professional. Start taking 3 months before planning a pregnancy.
Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in your first trimester.
Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.