MultiGest® Enzymes provides a blend of plant-derived enzymes to assist in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, lactose and cellulose. The addition of herbs gentian and fennel, which have a long history of use in traditional European medicine to support digestion, improve appetite and provide symptomatic relief of digestive ailments such as bloating and flatulence.
By providing nutritional support for healthy digestion, supplemental enzymes may help to maintain general wellbeing and healthy nutritional status.
- Helps maintain healthy digestive function.
- Assists in the breakdown of dietary proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
- Contains enzymes that are active across a wide pH range.
Used in traditional European medicine for relief of digestive disturbances, such as:
- bloating and digestive discomfort
- poor appetite.
- Assists in the digestion of lactose.
- Helps improve the bioaccessibility of nutrients.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
Each capsule contains:
|Amylase(from Aspergillus oryzae)||12000 DU (80mg)|
|Protease(from Aspergillus oryzae)||30000 HUT (45mg)|
|Lipase(fromRhizopus oryzae)||500 LipU (25mg)|
|Tilactase(from Aspergillus oryzae)||1500 ALU (15mg)|
|Cellulase (from Trichoderma long brachium)||1000 CU (6.7mg)|
|Bromelains (fromAnanas comosus)||40mg|
|Herbal extracts Equiv. to dry:|
|Foeniculum vulgare(fennel) seed||1.67g|
|Gentiana lutea(gentian) root||670mg|
DU = alpha-amylase dextrinising units; HUT = haemoglobin unit tyrosine base; LipU = lipase unit; ALU = acid lactase unit; CU = cellulase unit.
Adults: Take 1 capsule three times daily with food or up to 30 minutes before a meal, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Contraindicated in people who are hypersensitive to pineapple (a source of bromelains).
- Contains benzoates.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.