5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) is the most active metabolite of folic acid, bypassing all enzymatic activation steps in converting folic acid to the biologically active 5-MTHF. Directly utilised by the body, 5-MTHF supports healthy methylation, homocysteine metabolism, DNA replication and foetal development.
- It contains 5-MTHF, the most active form of folic acid.
- Supports a healthy brain and nervous system function.
- Supports healthy methylation pathways and homocysteine metabolism.
- It is involved in growth and cellular replication and supports the healthy replication of DNA through healthy DNA methylation.
- Provides 500mcg of 5-MTHF (active folate), which contributes to the normal growth of the foetus.
- If taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, it may reduce the risk of women having a child with congenital disabilities of the brain and/or spinal cord, such as the neural tube defects known as spina bifida anencephaly.
- It helps maintain normal blood by helping to form red blood cells and assisting with their function.
Each capsule contains:
equiv. 5-MTHF (active folate)
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek medical advice.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.