Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC, acetyl levocarnitine) is the naturally occurring acetyl ester of L-carnitine and is the delivery form for both L-carnitine and acetyl groups.
Carnitine is an amino acid required for normal healthy lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. It is concentrated in cardiac and skeletal cells, helping deliver fatty acids into mitochondria for cellular energy production. High concentrations are also found in the male reproductive tract and the brain.
When acetylated in ALC, it readily crosses the blood-brain barrier to support neuronal energetics and repair mechanisms while modifying acetylcholine production in the central nervous system (CNS).
- Assists the transport of long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) into mitochondria, where they are oxidised to synthesise cellular energy.
- Supports normal healthy lipid and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Provides nutritional support and antioxidant protection for healthy cell membrane integrity.
- Balances and supports normal male physiology and function.
- Plays a role in normal healthy sperm motility.
- Supports healthy brain function.
- Supports healthy ageing.
Adults: Take 1 capsule two to four times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery. Please confirm with your health professional.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.