Australian By Nature Propolis Liquid 25ml
Propolis Liquid 25ml
Australian by Nature Propolis Liquid is an alcohol-free, multipurpose liquid with a pleasant, natural spearmint flavour.
Australian by Nature Propolis Liquid 25ml is an alcohol-free, multipurpose liquid with a pleasant, natural spearmint flavour.
Propolis Liquid 25ml can be ingested and is commonly used to relieve mouth irritation and support healthy immune system function. (can be mixed with water, juice or honey).
Propolis Liquid 25ml has been used traditionally in naturopathic medicine, topically to relieve skin inflammation.
Propolis is a natural resinous substance generally referred to as ‘bee glue. Bees collect resin from the bark and buds of the trees and process it by mixing wax, pollen, salivary secretions and collected natural resins to form propolis. The bees utilise this dark sticky substance to fill up any cracks and smooth the inner layer of the hive. This process is to seal and protect the hive from infection, fungal growth and bacteria. The bees also smear Propolis around the entrance of their hive to strengthen the hive and protect it from intruders.
Propolis is a complex natural substance that contains phytochemicals, flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins and minerals. It contains flavonoids and is made up of resin & balsam 50%, waxes 30% essential oils 10%, pollen 5% and organic matter 5%. Flavonoids are one of the main groups of phenolic compounds in Propolis. This flavonoid concentration affects the bioactivity of propolis.
Excess Propolis is extracted from the beehive by beekeepers and a cold treatment process is then applied to make the substance suitable for topical use and human consumption.
The use of bee products has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years dating back to ancient Egypt and Greece. Healing properties have been mentioned in the bible, Veda and the Quran.
The name ‘Propolis” comes from the ancient Greek language, “Pro” meaning before or in front and “polis” meaning city. Propolis means ‘in front of the city’ as in the defence of the city.
Propolis is traditionally used in western complementary medicine to support and maintain a healthy immune system. It has antimicrobial characteristics and antioxidant activity to help fight free radicals.
Propolis Liquid 25ml ingredients: Propolis, Propylene Glycol, Spearmint Oil and Eucalyptus Oil.
Propolis Liquid 25ml contains not less than the equivalent of 200 milligrams of raw Propolis per millilitre.
WARNING: Propolis may cause allergic reactions.
Test on skin before use. If swelling occurs, discontinue use. If irritation or swelling of the mouth or throat occurs, immediately discontinue use and consult a medical practitioner.
Not to be used on children without medical advice.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Traditionally used in naturopathic medicine.
- Supports immune system health.
- Relieve symptoms of mild mouth ulcers.
- Propolis is traditionally known for its antioxidant activity.
- Helps reduce free radical damage to body cells.
- Propolis has antimicrobial properties.
- Topical relief of skin inflammation such as minor cuts and abrasions.
Adults Oral Use: Dissolve 5-10 drops into a glass of water and drink
Topical Use: Using a cotton bud, apply 2-3 drops to the affected area
- Active Ingredient: Propolis 200mg/mL (20% w/v)
- Propolis, Propylene Glycol, Spearmint Oil and Eucalyptus Oil
- Always read the label.
- Follow the directions for use.
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
- Propolis may cause allergic reactions.
- Test on skin before use. If swelling occurs, discontinue use. If irritation or swelling of the mouth or throat occurs, immediately discontinue use and consult a medical practitioner. Not to be used on children without medical advice.